Friday, March 2, 2007

"The Promise List"


My only daughter is going through the worst of times with fertility treatments. She tells me there is a whole world out there of young women online with blogs and support groups trying to manage this sad and awfully stressful situation. It's really so heartbreaking. As a mom, I have hit a wall in knowing what to do to help and comfort. This seems to be a personal journey that my sweetheart daughter must take on her own, but I know she needs my support and caring. It's so hard to watch her, and hear her as she goes through this time in her life. Please pray for her, and keep her in your thoughts.

We have, as stitchers, support groups for breast cancer and heart disease, preemies and Katrina survivors, and we share in exchanges and RAKs, etc... I'm wondering if it wouldn't be nice to just add these sweet young women to our list for an outreach. Wouldn't it be nice if we could have a "little sister" to send a smallie or a note/card/blog comment of encouragement to?

I'm organizing a group for the purpose of encouraging these women, and it's called: "The Promise List." If you would like to be a part of this group, please comment here. As a mom who's in the midst of the struggle, I know that any little bit of encouragement helps! Let me know if you want to help.

1 comment:

Katrina said...

Lots of good thoughts and prayers for your DD!