Friday, March 9, 2007

Meeting with Stitching Friends

I had a great day with stitching friends at an ANG meeting today. When things are good and people can share in harmony, it's so nice. I have been to those clubs where a stitcher or two can just break your heart with an unkind word or a snobbish attitude. I'm so happy when a group is full of stitchers happy to be stitching what they're stitching and delighted to share and encourage others!! A dream come true! It was a mixed bag of needleworkers. I brought my ATS and a Flying Santa that needed some "frogging." There were some working on a Joan Thomasson pilot class for an up-coming ANG Seminar class...it was beautiful with delicate stitches in silks and flosses. A couple of women were working on quaker medallions and a small Needle's Prayse sampler. And, a group were doing a project called "Gracie" that was a crazy little stitching woman with frizzy hair and stitching tools. An eclectic group, all ages, different tastes, from all over the States...and happy to be there. Refreshing!

2 comments:

Kitty Couture said...

Sounds fun, Deb! I met all my stitching friends online, but have been fortunate enough to meet some of them. You'll have to show us your ATS. :)
Have a good weekend!

Meari said...

Sounds like a great time. I wish I had a stitching group. :)