Tuesday, March 20, 2007

The Sting in the Vine!


OOpsie! Have any of you purchased the very beautiful "Vintage Stitches" and other companion pieces from Jeannette Douglas designs, as I just did??? Well, here's the little detail I discovered after having joyfully opened the envelope and read the chart...the threads required are unbelieveable! When I read that the entire thread package with chart would be over $50.00, I thought I could just fill in with my own stash (which I will,of course>>), but you can't believe the threads required on this one! I've never even heard of "Lorikeet" before this, and I (used to) consider myself a pretty up-to-date stitcher!! LOL

The other design I received for my stash is "Seaside Stitches." Isn't it beautiful, too?
I'm not sorry I have these two in my stash...I just have to figure out a way to convert some of the required threads to things I have in my house!! Do you think I can get "Lorikeet" at my local "Pet Smart?"

2 comments:

Lynn said...

I had a class with her teaching a city sampler (Hamilton, Ontario Canada) at our lns Golden Threads. She was very fun to be with. Very nice lady.. She has many, many items I want too.
Lynn

Carol said...

Thanks for visiting my blog - I loved hearing from you and meeting you! I hear what you are saying about the JD charts! I adore her, and thoroughly loved meeting her at a class last year.. but she is infamous for using very pricey materials in her designs! I usually wait for Stitching Bits & Bobs to have one of their 25% off sales and score the accessory packs then - same with some of those Victoria Sampler packs that can break the bank. Hope that helps!