Thursday, March 15, 2007

The Lord Remembered Hannah


Admittedly not the best of pictures for my new stitching project: The Lord Remembered Hannah! This one is a reminder to myself and my DD, Jessica, to trust in the Lord, and it's to encourage us along the way as we wait on Him. I love the antique look of it, but most of all, I love the message that God doesn't ignore or forget our prayers. He honors them, and wants the very best for us, and He is able to perform miracles in His timeframe. The chest is way too much for me to purchase. I thought I would just make a large, segmented piece to frame. I'm thinking I will see if I can work this in Vicki Clayton silks...or whichever silks I can find that will give a faded, antiqued look. The chart came immediately via email, if any of you are interested in Mary Beale's pieces. Katrina is stitching Mary's Advent Calender, which is another awesome piece! I'd love to do that one, too, another time. We should compare progress, Katrina!

2 comments:

Katrina said...

I love that piece. I am a big Mary Beale fan. Are you going to get the box to frame it in?

Deb said...

Hi, Katrina,
Can't get the box...to expensive, and I don't really need it. I'm going to use mats and a regular frame. I have an antique frame I've been keeping that may work, if it turns out to be large enough. Can't wait to see your "Advent..!"
Deb