Monday, March 19, 2007

Peacock Chair Flies Home!


It's here, finally..."The Peacock Chair" by Cat's Whiskers...all of you know it by now, of course. I couldn't stand to stitch it with the fab. & threads called for in the chart. Naturally, it had to be my own chair, so here's my choice of one that will fit with my personal things. I think it's final place of honor will be my bedroom dresser where I'll put a hat pin or something decorative in it. And, I may hide a ring in the back pocket. My bedroom is decorated in the light teal blues of the multi-colored Gloriana silk, and has some of the yellow tones, lavenders and greens, too. I'm a silk pillows person...never too many pillows!!! Anyway, here is my "thread toss" along with the silk ribbon. I may use the chenille to edge the chair instead of the twist of verigated silk.

7 comments:

BeckySC said...

Enjoy :) I will look forward to seeing your chair :)

Unknown said...

I love this pattern, and I am looking forward to seeing yours all done! Nice color choices!

Kitty Couture said...

This is going to be just gorgeous in those colours, Deb :) Great choices!

Katrina said...

Love the colors you've chosen! Can't wait to see your progress on it.

Anita said...

Thank you for stopping by my blog and left me comment.

I can spend hours at the Dream stitcher store at Mt Dora. She does have a great inventory of charts, charms, fabric, mill hill beads and all type of fibers. The little place is fully packed. I don't like the charts organization by "subjects". She does stock some expensive kits like Moss Creek and Heart's content. The owner is not necessary the most friendly person you met though. Luckily there were 2 other stitchers there and they were showing me around where everything were. She also have a great Freebie basket in the front. There are other little stores all around there. It is a nice little town but we did not have time to see anything much because my 3 years old was not feeling well.
I enjoyed the visit. There is another great store in FL that I have visited before at Walton Beach about 2 years old.

I love this pattern too and your personal choice looks wonderful and looking forward to see it finished.

The Silver Thistle said...

Can't wait to see how this goes. I've got this on my 'to do' list too, I'm trying to clear the decks here though, before I start anything else......well, that's the plan anyway, lol.

Taking bets to see how long I hold out, hahahah

Laura - StitchinManiac said...

Oh, I love the colors you've chosen. Will you share exactly which thread gatherer threads you're using? I only have one thread change on mine. I'm using a TG color called "Royalty", which will make this a bit more bright than the chart. Mine is a tribute to my grandmother, who always had peacock feathers in a large vase in her entryway, and who, for a time, lived in a park where there were peacocks everywhere, roaming free.