Tuesday, February 13, 2007

A Salute to My DH - Something Less Than a Medal

Do any of you ever feel, as I do sometimes (it's a fleeting thought and I frequently stab it away with my laying tool), that our DH needs a tribute of his very own in the form of our handwork? Come on. I'm not talking about that "cute one that's a quick one, he'll never know the difference, and I can get on with my really serious projects" type of tribute piece, girls. You know what I mean, don't pretend you don't. Well, I decided to overcome my meaner self and do a sampler for my Anthony. I went searching about 3 years ago, and came up with this one by Hester's Needle called--however appropriately, "Alone With You." As truly devoted stitchers, we know it might really read "Alone With New" stash; but, nevertheless... I'm feeling good about stitching it and he likes it. So, we both win!
I did change the saying a bit to reflect a personal touch, and put some over-and handdyed threads in along with Sampler Threads.

No comments: