Friday, February 16, 2007

Carriage House Samplings


Carriage House Samplings is consistently a must-have design shop! Kathy is an innovative and imaginative artist. I'm such a fan. The new "girls" in her collection...see my Wish List for my fav...are just classics. We have to have every single one of them, don't we? And, if I ever step off the plank and get my feet wet to do punch needle, I'm using one of Kathy's tombstone mavens. I think a collection of those would look killer in a black frame with red mat. When I had moved to St. Croix for a brief stay (Jessica was living there and teaching some years ago), I decided to have a Stitching in St. Croix event and asked Kathy to come and teach. She was enthusiastic about it and designed her Mermaid with the beaded swags for the event. Unfortunately, I got sick and had to come back to the States for surgery. But, I'll never forget her generosity and her willingness to create a special piece for Stitching in St. Croix. Check out that Mermaid while you're on her site!

No comments: