Saturday, May 12, 2007

My RAK!!



Here it is, the most beautiful biscornu in the world!!! Sonja sent it to me, and it is my first ever stitched just for me piece of needlework!! I'm so delighted and it will forever sit in a place of honor in my house.

I've had good friends give me lovely stitching things over the years, so I'm definitely not complaining, but this is the very first stitched, precious gift ever!!

Thank you so much for thinking of me and taking the time to do this, Sonja. What a special, beautiful gift, and it means so much to me. It has the little tag that reads, "Hand stitched with love," and that was so kind of you, too.

And, here are all the goodies she sent with it!! I don't know how she ever knew that this was one of the books I don't have!! I love all kinds of books, including stories of Russia and the Romanov royal family. I can't wait to start this one. Then, the 1990's needlework mag. with the Brenda Keyes sampler and a fabulous little quilt and stitch baby blanket is great. I have a new grandbaby coming and the quilt will be perfect!!
The biscornu smells so good, and Sonja included a packet of orange sachet which is fresh and so perfect for FL. And, then last but not least 2 little chartlets that I don't have in my stash. I'm smiling and was jumping up and down when I got her RAK!! :)))
I just want to thank each of you who visits my blog so regularly. I'm grateful for your friendship and your loyalty. Reading and commenting on your blogs is a big part of my life, too. It's been one of the best experiences of my life to get to know all of you. Thank you so much! Blog on!!
Deb

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's no wonder you were so happy in your last post - what wonderful goodies you received. Way to go! :D

Dani - tkdchick said...

Aren't RAK's the best? What a beautiful biscornu and gifts!

Jenn said...

what a beautiful biscornu!

Sue said...

What a beautiful biscornu and other gifts she sent. Beautiful and thoughtful ;)

Carol said...

What a beautiful biscornu from Sonja!!!

cathymk said...

Beautiful! What a sweet gift!

BeckySC said...

It's just beautiful :) Enjoy it :)
((hugs))

Kitty Couture said...

That's a lovely package you received! The biscornu is so pretty :)

mainely stitching said...

What a lovely gift!!!! Enjoy it, special lady! :D

Julie said...

Oh Wow! What a lovely biscornu and gifts from Sonja!

Kajsa said...

That biscornu is just beautiful! What a nice package she sent.

Cheryl said...

Great gifts!