Tuesday, May 1, 2007

Hire Out??


In answer to your questions, yes, I do hire out!! I'm an interior designer, you guys!! LOL But, I really never bring clients to my house. My bf, Deb in CT (Cat Tails & Needles) is about the only one who ever saw my house on a regular basis (other than a few EGA stitching friends and Martina & the Chatelaine Stitching Bee stitchaway group!) and she can testify to the color blast and visual overload for the average person's eyes!!! Deb's also seen the mess of stitching it can become, which nobody else ever has seen!!


One of my son's always used to say, "Okay, Mom, overstimulation!! Where's the quiet room for me to sleep in!?" So, I always have a very quiet, blue and white room for him and guests that's decorated in toiles and white matlese..and a few accessories.
I love antiques...English and French. This dining room piece is an English antique and the pictures are of our families, each going back many years...in mine on the left, my dad is 2 yrs. old and he would have been 80 yo today. You can just bearly see him standing in front of his father. He had the very English name: Alfred Basil Riggs My DH has picked up these other odd bits and pieces.


Some of you have been asking about me, personally, and so I wanted to share this little bit.

Love and hugs to you all, and thanks for caring! I appreciate your stopping by!


Deb

10 comments:

mainely stitching said...

I love visual overstimulation. ;) Can't indulge though, with all these sticky little hands. LOL!

That's a GREAT picture of you in the sidebar, by the way!!!

Annemarie said...

Thanks, Deb! I think I'm the same as you. And we have ONE blue and white room too. It's our bedroom. The only clutter-free room in the house. Like the new pic, as well. It's nice to 'see' you.

Vonna Pfeiffer said...

Great pic of you Deb :) You are beautiful :)
I like your table,it's very "me"

Heidi said...

Well, we have this in common but I don't think you can be visually overstimulated in a home. LOL! I too love antiques and feel really comfortable with old things around me.

I love your father's name! And I love being able to see you now. I can put a face to your emails.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for visiting my blog - I've had a wonderful time reading all about you, your stitching and family :)

Stitching Cat said...

Hi Deb -- so great to *see* your things again. I really miss all our time together when you lived in the Cold North - we had such fun going through your stash and adding to both of our stash. And the road trips. As Deb said the color blast and visuals were there - but so well done - I wish I had 1/100th of Deb's talent. Don't let her fool you - she's quite the needle artist herself. Miss you Deb!!!
Hugs, Deb from CT

lena-lou said...

Thank-you for visiting my blog...it is very nice to see you and I must say you look very nice :-)

I love your house pictures as I love anything to do with interior design! I'm pleased to read you get a stitching mess too , Thanks heavens I'm not the only one. I can get in a right mess when I am hunting for something to get my project and finishing things together ;-))

Michelle said...

Thanks for sharing a bit about yourself and your home. I'd love to see more of it!

Deb said...

Thank you everyone! As my sweetheart former MIL used to say, "You are sweetly prejudiced!" :))) Michelle, if you really mean it...I'll share more bits and pieces in the future.
Hugs, Deb

Elizabeth MacGregor-Kirkcaldy said...

Lovely... just lovely, Deb! I love English and French antiques as well... :-)

A Blue and white room is always so refreshing and peaceful...

Thanks for sharing the piccys of your lovely home, Deb...