Wednesday, May 2, 2007

My Mailart in Process

Here's my Mailart piece that I've been working on this evening and last night. I'm due to send it off by June 1st. I'm going to put the address to the left of the leaf stem below the blossom--which I know is different, but I like the idea because it's unexpected. Love beading, so as you see I've put all the chart requires plus some of my own, and then put some french knots in the bud, too!!

Will keep you posted as this grows and comes to the finish. Remember, this is a first for me--so the finishing will probably be the real circus!! LOL


Why did I choose this pattern? Well, as most of you know, I was sick for about 2 years and couldn't really stitch much, but that didn't keep me from stash building. I love Blackbird Designs, though I haven't kept current stashing lately. This one was in my old stash. Since I'm loving the thought of Summer coming, I thought a Squash Blossom was a cute idea....



Specifics: Wichelt 28 ct., Waterlily; Sampler Threads & Delica Beads

Please forgive the deplorable picture! I wish you could see the real thing. It's actually vibrant with color and beads! It really looks awful with the lighting even in the larger image and I just hate that!!


12 comments:

Charlene said...

I see your Blackbird Design look great. It will make a very nice front MA. Anyway, using bead for the edging is perfect as I have done all my edging MA using bead. Hope to see your finishing soon.

mainely stitching said...

Deborah, I think it's gorgeous!!! I can't wait to see how you finish it off as an MA. :)

Sue said...

It's a beautiful finish, congrats ;)

Kajsa said...

That's so pretty! Love the colors!

BeckySC said...

It's looking great! I can't wait to see the finished MA :)

Julie said...

Oh Deb, I think it's looking great. I love the all the beads and knots you've added. I haven't made a piece of mail art and look forward to hearing how the finishing goes.

Wendy said...

Such a sweet design! And Waterlily is the perfect colour to stitch this on. Can't wait to see it finished.

Dani - tkdchick said...

Your mailart piece is beautiful!

Michelle said...

Gorgeous! I love the colors in it.

Katrina said...

Very pretty! I love this piece.

Elizabeth MacGregor-Kirkcaldy said...

Oh, it's going to be just beautiful, Deb! I can't wait to see it finished! BBD is one of my faves! :-)

JariJari said...

Wow! Your mailart is going to be awesome with BBD on it. I'm kinda hook on mailart and I can tell you this isn't going to be your only mailart exchange!!!