Saturday, May 5, 2007

HAED Revisited

Barbara and Katrina, that picture yesterday was the cleaned up space after I had put the threads into those individual baggies and labeled them!!! That was the aftermath of the chaos!! LOL


Here's the result of my shopping trip today. I went hunting to find finishing things for my mailart piece that's got to get out on or before June 1st.

I decided to put this fully stitched piece on the back. Then I'll put the (now showing upside down) 2 crows with the golden needle flap and the button/clasp closure side as the address and stamp part. That way the utility side of the mailart envelope will have the utilitarian stuff on it, and the artwork side will be the more interesting and fully decorated side. I hope this isn't confusing.

When I mail it, since it's going to a place not really tracked by USMail...I'm going to have to protect it in a see-through baggie or something anyway, so I may as well enjoy beading and making it fancy! :))


This is all I really accomplished today. Except when also at JoAnn's...I found some other goodies which will have to wait to be photoed for you another day. If you haven't been there lately, you have to check out the quilting section. OMG, Fons and Porter have some to-die-for tins, and darling stitching tools, and strawberry emeries....oh, you have to go see them!!!


BTW: the pieces I've chosen for my HAED RR are these, in case anyone is interested:

1-3) Storykeeper, Splash and Atlantis by Selina Fenech

4 & 5) Viva and Moonstones by Linda Ravenscroft

and 6) Sugar Plum Fairy by Myrea Petti

Thanks you for visiting me today! Hugs, Deb

6 comments:

mainely stitching said...

I think it's a good thing they don't have JoAnne's here ... we really would need a bigger house than we have! LOL!!!

You've chosen some ambitious HAED patterns - it's going to be a gorgeous RR!

Charlene said...

I see you have a wonderful idea on finishing the MA. Can't wait to see the finished piece soon and please .. please post the pic for us to review.

Michelle said...

I love how your mail art piece is coming along. It sounds like you've got a great plan for your HAED RR also...can't wait to see it started!

Dani - tkdchick said...

Your Mailart piece is going to be fantastic!

Elizabeth MacGregor-Kirkcaldy said...

Your HAED RR is going to be gorgeous! I can't wait to follow the progress! :-)

And your MA piece is coming along just beautifully, Deb! I love it and I love all the trimmings you chose for it! :-) I can't wait to see the *finished* piece!

I just joined in on a MA exchange a couple of weeks ago and I am terrified at the thought of *finishing* it! The only things I've *finished* are fobs and ornaments and needless to say... my finishing skills leave much to be desired! It's due to mail out the first week in June... and I do declare, but I think I will be in a panic long before then!

Patricia Lessell said...

Deb your mailart is looking amazing and I wish I would have chosen me for you to mail to!
Lots of love
Patti xxx