Monday, May 14, 2007

Happy Mother's Day


I just had an unbelieveably happy Mother's Day, and I hope you did, too. Here are some special pictures from my day. My sons called and sent me cards, my daughter did, too. She lives nearby, so she came over for a day spent talking and laughing, having lunch and looking at magazines of beading and doll-making together. We recalled her growing up years and enjoyed those conversations.

My children and DH surprised me with a gift certificate to Elegant Stitch, which is my favorite online shop!! :)) Somebody must have raised them right! And, they tell me there's another present coming tomorrow in the mail, they hope.

Jessica also brought me a new book, "Kept," a Victorina mystery chockful of Dickensian-type characters it seems, and a silver bookmark with a quote by James Barrie, "Those who bring sunshine to the lives of others cannot keep it from themselves." The bookmark has ribbons of bright green aross the silver with stars and then green ribbons with beads and charms attached. She and I love bookmarks!! :))

The other picture of books are my new read..."Abundance" about Marie Antoinette, and my book-on-tape (which I mentioned before) "A Wrinkle in Time." You can't believe the story behind the bust with these pictures. Remind me to tell you. She's of alabaster and from the 1800's....such an amazing mystery story... for another time!! Stacked on the floor are mirrors to be hung by DH, who never has time.

However, he did present me with the only thing I really asked for today which was a rich and yummy chocolate cake!! Pictured above with Jessica's book. (Probably should have cropped some of that pic. but you can see how we dug into that cake with some gusto!!)
Hearing from my children was the best part of the day. It overwhelms me to think I was and am their mom because I think they give me way too much credit for how wonderful they are as people inside and out. I'm so blessed and always have been that they are my children.


I hope you each had lovely times with your children today. And, for those of you who have furry children...they know you're their moms. I hope your day with them was special, as well :))

Hugs, and happy stitching this week!
Deb in FL

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a a wonderful mother's day, Deb :)

AnnMcD said...

Your Mother's Day sounds lovely.
Thank You for visiting my blog and commenting on my quilt. I did make it and it can be seen closer here..
http://www.knowledgeandneedles.com/images/Models/Quilt%20finishedOct06.JPG
Unfortunatley I don't know how to make this into a link.

Katrina said...

Sounds like a wonderful day :-). Can't wait to see what you get from Elegant Stitch.

Julie said...

Deb, Happy Belated Mother's Day! Sounds like you had a great day with CAKE and your family! Great gifts, can't wait to see what you get from Elegant Stitch.

Sue said...

Sounds like you had a wonderful Mother's Day, I did too. Aren't children great?

Margaret said...

Sounds like you had a wonderful MD. Since our DS & DD live in Europe they couldn't visit but I too felt warm inside from their love via cards & telephone conversations. Our children are a true blessing.

Love the biscornu you received from Sonja. She did a marvelous job.

Thank you for your kind remarks about 'Avril'. I am sure you will enjoy stitching them as much as I do.

Wendy said...

Sounds like you had a wonderful Mother's Day! And your chocolate cake looks to die for....eat a piece for me please!

mainely stitching said...

Okay, I want some of that cake!!!

Seriously, I'm so glad to hear that your Mother's Day was so wonderful. You deserve it!! :D

Michelle said...

Sounds like you had a great day. I'm going to check out Abundance. I love bookmarks too, but I always seem to use random scraps of paper or napkins or things instead of an actual bookmark!

Kajsa said...

It sounds like you had a wonderful Mother's Day! I hope you found a lot of goodies over at Elegant Stitch, Lois is just great.

That cake looks yummy!

Mary Ann said...

It sounds like you had a fantastic Mother's Day. Your gifts are lovely and that chocolate cake looks yummy! :)

Simone said...

Ooooh, that cake looks so yummy!!! Can you send a piece of it to Holland? You've probably finished it already... And I'm on a diet, so it's not good for me!
Wonderful gifts you got for Mothers Day!

Hugs, Simone