Saturday, February 7, 2009

Thank Yous

Thanks so much for your words of encouragement about the Peeper! Jessica and I met at Barnes & Noble bookstore the other night and closed it down about 10:00PM. By the time I got home it was about 10:30, so I decided to take a drive around our little community to see if I could see anyone walking and smoking..... No luck.

However, I did notice that another of my girl friends, Nancy, who is alone (widowed), and is 3 houses down from me had her blinds/shutters opened and her lights on, too! You could see right through her house. It really gave me a good idea of how exposed I had been!! I called Nancy and gave her the news about the Peeping JTom and she is now on the same page with closing up at night. She had been leaving her lanai doors/windows uncovered at night just like I was in the habit of doing. And, of course, we couldn't see a thing outside in the dark from our perspective!

Tomorrow is Saturday night...the night he likes to be scary.... We'll see what happens.... In answer to a question: it is a gated community, so we think it's somebody who lives in the community, or is new to the community who is doing this. We've been safe for years until now.

I think Anthony has to work again, but maybe I can set a trap by pretending to go to bed at 10PM and peeking out my bedroom blinds in the dark. BTW, the police told me anyone could cut the wires to our phones, so I should keep my cell phone battery up and the phone near me at all times at night.

I've decided the best place to hide is my closed because it's full of stash and clothes and nobody could find me in there! I'll be back later.... Deb

7 comments:

Carol R said...

OMG - how scary and in a gated community too!
Keep safe.

Cindy said...

That is very scary. Hope they catch that guy soon!

Patricia Lessell said...

You keep safe my little friend and don't be so darn brave please. Until later. Patti xxx

Dani - tkdchick said...

That would leave me feeling so exposed!

mainely stitching said...

Oh dear! I hate the thought of you worrying to the point that you've chosen a hiding place! I hope this will all soon be behind you!

Susimac said...

Oh My Deb, I've just caught up with your peeeping tom situation, how awful for you. Hope they catch the bugger really soon and nothing happened last night for you.

((HUGS))

Kathy A. said...

Yu had me laughing when you said you were going to hide in your stash/clothes closet. I think that is a perfect spot. No one could find me there either. The only thing is I might get lost in there for a couple of days. LOL