Do you have any of these? I just love them. I love the weight of them for my scissors...really helpful for keeping the scissors from being lost in my space!
I thought it would be fun to introduce new people I've met on the blogs once a month, so my first new person is:
Doris of A Pause in the Journey http://apauseinthejourney.blogspot.com/ had this list some time ago as a fun sort of "test" to play with. I also thought it would be fun by way of an introduction of Doris who is really a wonderful stitcher and a maniac "And They Sinned" SAL stitcher!! Go see her and tell her I sent you, please.
Anyway, here's the fun questionaire:
Things you’ve already done: bold
Things you want to do: italicize
Things you haven’t done and don’t want to: leave in plain font
1. started your own blog
2. slept under the stars
3. played in a band
4. visited Hawaii
5. watched a meteor shower
6. given more than you can afford to charity
7. been to Disneyworld
8. climbed a mountain
9. held a praying mantis
10. sang a solo
11. bungee jumped
12. visited Paris
13. watched a lightning storm at sea
14. taught yourself an art from scratch
15. adopted a child - if I were young enough...
16. had food poisoning
17. walked to the top of the Statue of Liberty
18. grown your own vegetables
19. seen the Mona Lisa in France
20. slept on an overnight train
21. had a pillow fight
22. hitch hiked - as a college student in Germany in the '60's
23. taken a sick day when you’re not ill - Do people not do this?
24. built a snow fort
25. held a lamb
26. gone skinny dipping - I know you suspect me of this anyway! :]
27. run a marathon
28. ridden a gondola in Venice
29. seen a total eclipse
30. watched a sunrise or sunset - both, thank God
31. hit a home run
32. been on a cruise - Does a "whale watch" count?
33. seen Niagara Falls in person
34. visited the birthplace of your ancestors
35. seen an Amish community
36. taught yourself a new language - I've tried to teach myself French... :+
37. had enough money to be truly satisfied
38. seen the leaning tower of Pisa in person
39. gone rock climbing - Well, maybe if you count climbing halfway up a ski mountain in Bierchesgarten (sp?) in Germany .....I'm not a skier, I am a hot chocolate lover; however!
40. seen Michelangelo’s David in person
41. sung karaoke- Sad, very sad...
42. seen Old Faithful (geyser) erupt
43. bought a stranger a meal in a restaurant
44. visited Africa
45. walked on a beach by moonlight
46. been transported in an ambulance
47. had your portrait painted
48. gone deep sea fishing
49. seen the Sistine Chapel in person
50. been to the top of the Eiffel tower in Paris
51. gone scuba diving or snorkeling
52. kissed in the rain
53. played in the mud
54. gone to a drive-in theater - please don't tell my mom!
55. been in a movie - Yes, when I was in college in Munich, Germany..Roy Black starred...."Unser Doktor"
56. visited the Great Wall of China
57. started a business - Yes, two: needlecraft on-line, and interior design
58. taken a martial arts class
59. visited Russia
I've visited with Kellan and Jessica today...he wears his poor grammie out! We love the way he laughs and screams when we tickle and toss him on the bed. He loves to try to eat any adult food he sees me or Jessica with ...he says, "Mmmmm" and reaches out his hands. With 6 teeth now, he can chew and loves to hear the sound of crunching on a cracker if we let him bite one! :) He actually sat on the grass today at my house, and wasn't sure he liked that texture...he'd touch the grass, then put his hand back on his lap! LOL
I'm so grateful for friends like you who visit me and leave me happy notes. I'm grateful for my children close and far across the USA. I'm grateful for my 5 little grands, and hope I can see all of them someday soon. And, I'm grateful to have a husband who is loving and kind, crazy and blind to my needlework stash. :]
Love and hugs, Deb