Monday, July 27, 2009

Quilt Squares and Stuff

Just you wait, Henry Higgins! This is a too filled blog entry. You all are going to wish you stopped somewhere else!!!

This is my little Yorkie, Clara. She's into all of my business. Here, she's wondering why I'm spending so much time at my computer and failing to give her chicken bones. She has several doggie friends among our stitching blogger group. Clara is very choosy with her friends. She loves to read about Glenna's rabbits.
Here is the recent update on Elaine's Quilt project. These are the amazing 6 1/2" fabric squares from the following stitching friends:








God is really in this Quilt. All of the pieces fit together so well. Deb was a dear. She sent a roll of several pieces to help me coordinate things. I'm so grateful for everyone's generosity of heart. The notes have been so lovely. I'm giving Elaine everything, so we'll be hearing from her soon. She can't write anymore, but she can dictate to me.

Look at this beautiful thing! Deb made this amazing clutch for holding Elaine's tissues, but it really is so gorgeous, she can use it for lots of different things. Thank you for taking the time to light up Elaine's life, Deb.


Deb also sent me these really sweet stitching pieces! Bet you didn't know I collect these needle cards, Deb! :] I just loved these little RAKs. Thank you for thinking of me, and for your sweet note.

Above is Jinger's Quaker Friendship Sampler from our RR. Her fabric is just beautiful, which doesn't really show true color here....it's more a plum hand-dyed color and her thread is dark plum. This has been a great RR. We only have two more rounds!
I'll have other updates of RRs and SALs by the end of this week. Right now I'm signing off to watch the Bachelorette finale! I'm making a quick bolongna sandwich for dinner, too!
Oh, BTW, I saw a fabulous Bette Davis movie last night, "The Old Maid." If you haven't seen it, or if you haven't seen it for a while, I highly recommend it.
Hugs to all,
Deb

10 comments:

Katrina said...

Deb, I am late sending my square but I am off right now to my fabric stash and it will be on the way today. Sorry, I've been getting ready for company.

Your yorkie is adorable! Love all your stitching bits and pieces.

Margaret said...

Love your little Yorkie -- so cute! The squares look great together! I love what everyone is sending. That RR piece is gorgeous!

Anonymous said...

The quilt is going to be beautiful! Clara is a cutie :)

Anonymous said...

What a fun post - that quilt is going to be such a special quilt.

Thank you for your kind words on my Mary Wigham sampler.

Shari said...

the fabrics all look great together!!! Can't wait to see it put together!!! tell Clara I have an adorable grey poodle that loves to be the center of attention here!!

Juls said...

Such a sweet pic of your pup! Thanks so much for your concern...they are getting better....though it doesn't always seem that way ...My doc did mention botox a while back and I must ask about it on my next visit!
I would love to contribute to the quilt but have been neglectful of many things lately and am just catching up...so i will try!
Miss you dear friend!

samplerlover said...

Hi Deb,
What an amazing quilt this is going to be. I think your friend will really treasure this. You are in deed a special friend.

There are some lovely ladies in our special blog sphere.

Sorry I haven't been intouch lately, as I have been trying to finish this project that I am on and having been on the computer as often.

Love your little dog. She is very cute. - Sandra.

Siobhán said...

Clara is adorable!! The quilt squares are just beautiful. So much love in all of it. :)

Marie said...

Clara is adorable...I love yorkies! :D
Wow, your mailbox must be bursting. I am mailing you a fabric package tomorrow so be on the lookout.

I hope that Elaine is doing ok, my thoughts/prayers are still with her.

Patricia D. said...

Nice works...
Join in a new cross stitch blog, to meet nice stitchers from all over the world...

Here: http://pequenostrabalhospontox.blogspot.com/
Thanks
Patricia D.