Sunday, December 16, 2007

I Don't Fold Cold Laundry & Other Tastey Bits of News


A sneaky little preview of Harmien's McGoblin Buster (aka Voodoo Boy/Girl)!


What have I been doing today? Sorting and washing and folding laundry while I'm online visiting you, emailing and being nosy about new stitching freebie hideouts. By the way, one of my serious pet peeves: I don't fold cold laundry!! If my DH takes it out of the dryer and doesn't fold it, it can sit there 'til Kingdom come! I'm not gonna fold it unless it's hot from the dryer and ready to folded without creases. Just thought you'd like to know ....a fond piece of trivia. PS: I hate laundry@!


And, here we have Grampie's idea of what his grandson's (ages 12 & 10, living in the Boston area), will just love for Christmas! Yep, they were/are real...and they have original, sharp teeth. Debi had to put "Beware!" and "Watch Out!" tags on the boys' Christmas bags this year. Oh, yes, Merry Christmas!! Let me know if you, too, want one or two...they're $15.00. Grampie will be glad to go back to the Everglades City store to find you some! This is why I hold my breath sometimes, I'm sure of it...:[


Above is the type of scary thing I like to make and send! Harmien couldn't wait to see her McGoblin Buster (aka Voodoo Boy/Girl) in progress. So, here SHE is, Harmien! She's coming along nicely with all her glitz and glamour. I had a feeling your McG's were just in desperate need of some "female entertainment" of the type most of us stitching girls are unwilling to provide! So, she's coming over soon to help you out!!...and to get those nasty boys out of your way! Now when we say, "You go, girl!" the McGoblin's will get the drift!!! It's an easy enough chant. :)

She's stitched on 32 ct., hand-dyed Silkweaver fabric in a name I can't remember. I've used mostly my own choices of metallic/Balger threads. AVAS, DMC...the Swars. crystal for her eye...and some over-dyed in GAST. Still playing around with her, so she will probably channel to me what her other "accessories" are meant to be! Harmien, you'll have to name her, yourself....:o

Last, but far from least! A beautiful Christmas gift from Nicole (Island Breezes) came yesterday. Beautiful crystal and silver fobbie with threader in a tin. Nicole, thank you so much. You know how I love collecting tins of all kinds, and the fob is so pretty! It was such a surprise and delight to get your gift....so unexpected! Thank you! Isn't it sweet?! Nicole left the tin's insides for me to finish, and I'm going to do just that! Time I learned to at least finish a tin!

I'm leaving for now to go stitch on my "Cirque..." for the evening. It's just a joy to stitch. Hope each of you is enjoying your evening and having some time to smell the Christmas roses.

Hugs, Deb

PS: I saw 2 new Designing Ladies boxes of the type I pic'd last time with Judy O'Dell's finishes....I think they were on Elegant Stitch...or Hoffman Dis. Co. I'm still voting for the Mary Queen of Scots!

13 comments:

Patricia Lessell said...

I love the McGoblin Buster with a total vengeance! Well I have looked at all of the Designing Ladies boxes and I have decided that I will stitch the one by Olde Willow Stitchery - it was a very close call between that one and the one you love but Olde Willow won out.

Lots and lots of love

Patti xxx

Juls said...

I adore the McGoblin buster!!!!!! So very original!!!! I'm off to go food shopping now........

Teresa said...

I really like how you are stitching the voodoo doll. Nicole does such a lovely job of fobs. What a sweet gift she sent.

Anonymous said...

SHE is FABULOUS!!! I love the fabric you are using and her right eye looks positively creepy...LOL!!!
What a sweet gift Nicole sent you!

mainely stitching said...

Men can come up with such fascinating gift ideas, can't they? LOL!!! Seriously, I bet your grandsons will go ga-ga for these. They'll surely be the only boys in Boston with their own alligator heads...

Love your stitching project - and I see by the comment above that Harmien does, too. :D The Whitmans tin you received is also lovely.

Wendy said...

I'm with you on the laundry folding. I would rather just re-wash the entire basket than try to fold a creased up mess. Can't wait to hear what Harmien names her little goddess.

Anonymous said...

Love love love the Voodoo Girl! I'm going to do mine on pink too *lol*
I don't mind laundry all that much ... it's ironning that I absolutely hate and refuse to do lol*

Kathy A. said...

oh, what a wonderful gift for the grandson's! They will be the envy of all the neighborhood. Could you please tell me the story of the voodoo doll? I came into it late - story of my life LOL. Love your gift from Nicole. nice things for nice people

Kim said...

Deb---we are the same on the laundry issue----if hubby takes the laundry OUT of the dryer and throws it in the basket and LEAVES it...I put it BACK in the dryer...I don't care HOW long it's been sitting there...because I, too, only fold warm laundry! LOL Love your projects you've got going! Merry Christmas chicky!

Sally said...

Your gift from Nicole is lovely Deb.

I shall be interested to see how this voodoo doll turns out:)

Michelle said...

Love how the McGoblin Buster is coming along! Great colors!

Meari said...

LOL, alligator heads? I fold my laundry right away out of the dryer, too. I don't like ironing and that's the easiest way to avoid wrinkles. I empathize with ya. :)

Dani - tkdchick said...

Hmmm your voodoo person is a little interesting.