Monday, June 11, 2007

June Stitching Progress

I really have a horrible camera, don't I? But, this is the small progress I've made this weekend on the HAED RR I'm involved in. You can see that we're really only working a 50 x 50 stitches block on 25 ct. In this case: 26 ct. The colors, of course, change by the dozens. Wish you could really see them! I love the 1 over 1sie of it all. I really think I'm getting addicted to that kind of stitching. It's so dense and pretty!


Here is my little progress this weekend on Taj Mahal, as well. I really love this piece, but am finding very little time to work on it!

I have other commitments than stitching that take so much of my time like: being the Editor of the Newsletter, and on the Board for our local ANG (American Needlepoint Guild) Gulf Coast Chapter; Coordinator of Needlers...a stitching group, and Evening Bookgroup with Naples Newcomers; and trying to keep up with lunches and visits with friends. And, also, the occasional trip to my LNS, which is an hour away!!


It's also so much a part of my life to spend time emailing with many of you, visiting your blogs and commenting on your stitching! Thank you so much for taking time from your busy lives to look at mine and for sharing your thoughts, as well. We all are so busy these days with our own commitments which are monumental. I know children, family, work and other group and church and school things take your time up, too.

So, thank you for being a big part of my life, and stopping by here!

Hugs,

Deb

17 comments:

Julie said...

Hi Deb I hope your finding r&r time too!

Sue said...

Both of your WIP's are very pretty. I love the dense stitching on a HAED also, I haven't touched mine in many months unfortunately ;)

mainely stitching said...

As you know, I haven't dared try my hand at a Chatelaine or HAED (yet), but I do love watching others bring these beauties to life. GREAT progress!!!

Margaret said...

A lot of work but I'm sure the results will be gorgeous. Looking forward to progress pictures.

BeckySC said...

Your progress looks great :)

Heidi said...

I stopped by to see if you maybe had a photo of the BP start. Now I see I missed having the chance to say HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! It sounds like you had a great one. I know what you mean about your online friends being so important. I love looking at my comments and seeing you there! Each person really does become a friend and I miss everyone when I am unable to get online. Thankfully, that is rare. It is the one thing I do love about computers.....that I have made some really great friendships and with people I would have never met otherwise simply because of our geographical locations. Thanks Deb for sharing yourself through blogging!

cathymk said...

Storyteller is looking beautiful! What a fabulous start. I got the full size version of this chart for "someday" - I think I am hoping to win the lotto and spend all my time stitching!!

Taj is looking just gorgeous also. I love the soft colours in that piece.

Sally said...

I love your WIp of Storykeeper. I have the QS of this one but haven't started it yet.

Taj is so pretty. Looking forward to seeing more of this one:)

Nicola said...

Hi Deb, I've just started reading your blog and am finding it very interesting. I love Chatelaine's, especially the mandala gardens, but don't have the room to hang them as they are so big, so have never stitched one. I shall enjoy watching your progress on Taj, it's a lovely design.

Wendy said...

You're off to a great start, Deb. Sounds like you are a very busy girl but its always nice to find even 1/2 hour after a busy day to put in a few stitches.

Michelle said...

Two gorgeous pieces that I love! You've made great starts on both and I am glad you are enjoying your over one stitching. Taj is one of the first Chatelaines I fell in love with. Yummy!

lena-lou said...

Lovely progress on your WIP, I never realised the graphic Carol has could actually be stitched. I love 1/1 stitching as it gets a nice kind of delicacy to it :))

Have a lovely week and sorry to be a bit late in with my blog reading, you summed it up...life gets so busy and the days fly on by.

Anonymous said...

Love both of your projects! Taj Mahal is going to look just amazing!

I enjoy reading your blog :) just have to remember to leave a comment *lol*

Hugs hugs hugs

Mayté Bermúdez-García said...

Woww very nice Wips in your hands!! Ijust found your blog, Thanks for visitan my blog and for your very kind message. Happy, belate birthday!!!

Charlene said...

You must be having fun with all the new project. Your progress look great.

Patricia Lessell said...

Wonderful progress on both your WIP's. I am really looking forward to seeing how Storyteller grows.
Lots and lots of love
Patti xxx

Kajsa said...

It's looking great! I'm always admiring HAED stitchers, I can't do anything that small. A friend of mine had me look at her patterns and I almost fainted;).