Thursday, January 10, 2008

To Keep the Heart Unwrinkled....

"To keep the heart unwrinkled, to be hopeful, kindly cheerful, reverent, that is to triumph over old age." Amos Bronson Alcott

Well, yes, that's my motto for 2008. I'm finding the hopeful bird.... And, as you can see above, I received this very hopeful and wonder-filled gift of St. Reathams, by Long Dog, from my friend Patty Lessell....whom I call Queenie, as a Christmas present. I've kitted it, and changed around the primary color a couple of times, but decided upon "In the Burgandy" by Silk'NColor, it's #074...Thread Gatherer. I think I was in the "Berries" before, but I like the deeper reds of this one. I'm working the hounds in the darkest red in DMC, the alphabet in the variagated red, and then adding the copper and red metallics along the way. That's the story!! Queenie is stitching along with me. She's kitting up with Caron's "African Sunset." Got to be beautiful!

My latest update on "Cirque..." I really wish you could see the sparkles! RATS!! I've used a combination of silver and the light green on the lower left-hand wheel, and a combination of gold thread and the darker green vari. on the mid-section smaller wheels. It's coming together slowly... I just can't get enough of this piece. We were at Martha's Steamy Sunday Stitching group this past Sunday, and her "Cirque.." is awesome. We are saying how much fun and how addictive it is to stitch. If some of you out there are thinking you don't want to take it on...think again!!! I was looking at the Gallery at Ink Circles today. The different interpretations are amazing.
This is just a teaser, actually. My little tiny start on Lynsey's piece in my HAED RR group is right there in the center section! LOL I'm stitching "Autumn Splendor," by Jessica Galbreth, pictured below in full. I had the most fun stitching this section, 1 over 1. Just look at the gorgeous colors, and at Jan's completed face! Remember my tiny "Storykeeper" that I was stitching for Jan's piece earlier this year? I'm loving this RR, and can't wait to get mine back this Spring or Summer.
Finally, I have the most unbelieveably wonderful, hopeful little bird to share with you. It came out of the blue. Truly unexpected, and that is the best kind of blessing! It's the most kindly and caring bird.... For some reason dear Giulia Manfredini read my blog over the holidays and was touched by what I wrote about the joys and sadnesses of Christmas. So, she and I have been writing back and forth and have become friends. Today I received the most wonderful package! See for yourself! I'm so amazed and grateful. Giulia is the designer of GPAntichi, and the gorgeous "Mary Queen of Scots" casket of stitching tools that I can't wait to start stitching. I just love her designs!! But, she's also the most open and lovely woman. My heart is really joyful and humbled tonight.
My last entry is about my DD, Jessica. She showed me today the ultrasound pictures of the tiniest little person you'd ever want to see! It has a darling tiny profile, fingers and toes and arms and legs...it's perfect in every way! It has its life as a blessing from God. And, it has it's life as a gift of thanksgiving to each of you who prayed for Jessica on her journey, too! I just want to take a moment here to thank you so much and to share this small verse with you.
Psalm 39:13-16 "For You created my inmost being; You knit me together in my mother's womb. I praise You because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; Your works are wonderful, I know that full well. My frame was not hidden from You when I was made in the secret place. When I was woven together ..Your eyes saw my unformed body."
:) Hugs and love, Deb

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi there, glad to read your post, I was just about to send out a search party. I'm so happy you have found hope to be your companion... May she guide you for as long as you need her.
Those Long Dog reds look amazing and as far as CdC... I can actually see a hint of sparkle on my screen!! You really have a great eye for colour! Lucky girl, you, what an amazing gift from Giulia... enjoy, you so deserve it!!

mainely stitching said...

I've read the Psalms (more than once) but this never caught my eye before. What an utterly amazing (and appropriate) passage!!

Hope will always be a joyful traveler to journey with. Glad you've hooked up with her. :)

And I love your gifts from Giulia - can't think of a better person to be surprised by such lovely gifts!! :D

Karen's Blog said...

I love St Reatham. This one is definetely on my "To Do" list. I just finished Paradim Lost and am itching to do another Long Dog. Your gifts from Giulia are wonderful as well!!

The Silver Thistle said...

Deb, you always have such cool eye candy to share!

The Long Dog Samplers are just the best! I have the Paradigm Lost and St Reatham on my 'Must Do Before I'm Old And Grey' list. Ok, so I'm already on the wrong side of 40 and my hair has plenty silver in it, but you know what I mean, lol.

I can't wait to see what you do with yours!

And those gifts from Giulia are just the coolest thing ever! They are just fantastic and I can't think of a nicer person to be on the recieving end, than you. Lucky girl.

How better to start 2008 than with a tiny treasure and you, Jessica and 'tiny treasure' all have my warmest wishes for a wonderful, healthy and blessed year ahead.

Wendy said...

Wonderful gifts ~ both the Long Dog Sampler and those from GPA. I'm sure you will enjoy stitching these treasures even more as they were gifted from such lovely people.

I'm so happy to read that Jessica has her first baby pic to share with you!

Suburban Stitcher said...

I've been reading your blog and have been touched by stories of your DD. My sister has had 2 failed invitros and I was praying hard for your DD during those long 10 days before you find out! Congrats on your new GPA charts! They will be fun :)

Susimac said...

Lovely verse and great news about the baby growing well. How lovely of GPA to send you such a wonderful package. Love all your progress on your WIP's nd your colour choice for St Reathams.

Margie said...

I can't wait to see your St. Reatham unfold. It is my favorite Long Dog. :-) How kind of G to send you those charts. It's nice to find new friends online.

Sue said...

St. Reatham is going to be a stunner, I love the color "In The Burgundy", I have that kitted up for something. Your CdC is marvelous. And so glad you got to see that tiny little being ;)

Kathy A. said...

I was so excited to hear tht you have a picture of that special little one. How wonderful for you all. My prayer is that this little one continues to grow with all the love and care that surrounds him or her. What a blessing
Your stitching is amazing. I love what you are doing with Cirque. Please post to the blog when you have a chance.
YOur treasures are wonderful. Nice things for nice people. You so deserve it.

Cheryl said...

"Fearfully and wonderfully made," i love that.
CdC looks amazing. Im enjoying stitching on mine so much. Im nearly done with page 1.
Love that long dog chart, im a big fan of reds. Cant wait to watch your progress.
Glad you joined the JA group!

Sally said...

Wow, CDC looks gorgeous Deb!

Love all your gifts and wonderful to hear you've seen Jessica's ultrasound pictures.

Kajsa said...

Your Circe looks wonderful. I love the colors you picked out for your new wip too!

samplerlover said...

You choices for St Reatham should look beautiful. Your CdeC is looking lovely.
What an amazing gift to receive. I know that you will enjoy stitching Mary Queen of Scots. There are 4 people in history that I have always found fascinating. Two are Marie-Antoinette and Mary QofS's. In fact I'm currently reading about the relationship between her and Elizabeth. On one of my trips to England many moons ago I had the exciting pleasure of seeing her death mask. What a beautiful woman she was, but unfortunately I can't remember the name of the town where I saw it. - Take care - Sandra.

Michelle said...

So many beautiful things today! I love love love the colors you've chosen for St. Reatham. Cirque is looking amazing too. I can't wait to see more of the HAED RR. I'd love to participate in one, but I think I've now been turned off on RRs unfortunately. What a wonderful gift from Giulia - love that Mary casket!