Saturday, June 27, 2009

Mary Wigham & Pictures Galore!

I'm a very fortunate girl to have a best birthday twin like Barbara (Mainely Stitching). She sent me this darling little hanging of a Mary Beale angel, some antique lace and a lovely glasswork piece for a necklace or scissor fob. All just my cup of tea. I love them to pieces. Have to think of an appropriate idea for the lace..... Thank you dear friend.
Below is a close up of the beautiful pinkeep Edgar (Blacksheep...) sent me!! I think it's awesome.
Look and drool! Edgar sent me this fantastic PIF!! I just love it. Everything is perfect. The pinkeep is absolutely perfectly finished, naturally, and all "D's!" Wonderful cookie smelling tea in a sweet tin...two gifts in one. And a gently scented drawer sachet....so sophisticated and delicate. He must be watching lots of those old Bette Davis movies! :) Thank you so much, Edgar!! I love every bit of this...even the cute doggie card!

Shepherd's Bush "heart" progress. I get some relief from the BAPs with this little one right now. Somewhere I made a counting mistake, so my outer heart outline is a bit skewed by 2 stitches. I will have to fix them once the inside is finished.
A bit more stitching done on my "This...Day" Sampler. It's such a sweet sampler, if only I werem't on this rotation and spliting myself in so many different directions!! I say that about all of them!! LOL See my Mermaid Roses new scissors?! And a little bit of new work on Beatrix Potter, too.
Below: The Plantation Sampler. I've simply worked the gold inside border all the way down on the left side, at least, and ready to start some alphabet. I love this little "egg" made in tribute to Marie Antoinette (of course :) for my birthday by one of my best neighbor friends, Darlene. Thanks, Darlene! Lace from Barbara. :]
These are my silk toss for Mary Wigham above.... Yummy! I still need to fine tune my camera's color or lighting, I see from these pictures.

Lo, I've finally started my Mary Wigham! I've been so anxious, because I know I'm behind the 8-ball now. I loved working on her, though. First picture is of the threads I'm using...a conversion of DMCs to AuVerASoie. Couldn't resist adding some other colors, too.
Have I added enough pictures? I've been soooo overwhelmed with my DD, Jessica, moving to LA, and taking my darling grandson, Kellan, with her!! And, my BFF, Elaine, has taken a downward spiral with her lung cancer and has been in the hospital. I've been staying with her as much as possible....sleeping overnights...etc... Please pray for her and for Jess and Kellan & my SIL as they readjust to new surroundings.
Love and hugs to all of you. You make it all worthwhile. I appreciate so much your personal comments and messages.
Deb

20 comments:

Cyn said...

Hi Deb,

Love all of the new pictures of your projects!

I still haven't had a chance to kit up my Mary Wigham project yet. Would you be willing to share your conversion on the SAL blog? I keep thinking I'm going to stitch mine in Splendor or Needlepoint Inc. threads. Now that I've seen your colors I might have to consider the AuVerASoie threads. :-)

So sorry to hear about Jessica and her family moving to LA. Hoping it's for new opportunities!

Also, so sorry to hear about your friend Elaine's hospital stay.

I'm sending good thoughts your way!

Cynthia
Windy Meadow

mainely stitching said...

Oh, Deb! Everything is so beautiful! You always choose such stunning projects to work on, and your color choices are always so YOU! :D The PIF from Edgar is lovely and I'm glad you like my humble little birthday gift to you. :D

Margaret said...

Wow, everything is so gorgeous! I'm still in love with your Beatrix Potter colors -- heavenly! And your Mary Wigham conversion -- so yummy! Great exchange pieces too, and I always like SB pieces! :D

Jan said...

Such wonderful gifts, you received, Deb! Just lovely, as are all of your wips!! Sorry your daughter moved away, keeping good thoughts about that, as well as prayers for your dear friend!

Missy Ann said...

Lovely choices for the Mary Wigham. I think I'll got through my milkpaint silks and see if I have something that will work.

Deb said...

My prayers go our for your BFF! I have to say that all your WIPs look fantastic. I'm doing the Plantation Sampler to, but still have to get a couple threads before I start. Will look forward to your progress.

Michelle said...

Love all your WIPs, and your new Mary start! Such pretty colors!

Joke said...

What a lovely pictures, and you are stitching so many big projects! I love them all. Mary Wigham is fun to do, and I bet the Plantation Sampler is too.

staci said...

Sigh...everything is so sweet and beautiful!!!

Cindy said...

Wow! You received such wonderful goodies in the mail!

All of your WIPs are looking fabulous :)

Maxine said...

Such gorgeous wip's Deb....I love the silks you've chosen for Mary Wigham. I'm waiting on fabric coming and then I'll be able to start I'm using DMC for mine. I will keep your friend and family in my thoughts (((hugs)))
Very belated birthday wishes too :)

Kathy A. said...

Lovely lovely gifts you received for your birthday.
Your new scissors are just so special. Whereever did you find them?
Please know I am thinking of you and your family and dear friend. {{{{hugs}}}}}

samplerlover said...

Hi Deb,

So sorry to hear about your BFF. She is in my prayers. I know what she is going through as that is what my Mum had. Horrible disease.
I forgot to say Happy Birthday. I hope you had a really lovely time.
What an amazing lot of work you have done. I love Mary Wigham's colours. She should look lovely with your Beatrix Potter.
Love the lace that Barbara sent you. Beautiful.
I totally agree with you re Michael Jackson. Looks like all the skeltons are coming out of the closet now. I think there were 2 MJ's. The musical genius and the weird strange guy.
Love your scissors. The look good on Bea. - Take care dear friend - Sandra.

Dani - tkdchick said...

Wow you got some beautiful gifties there!

All of your WIPs are just lovely, and a great variety of them too!

Sally said...

Thinking of you and your family and your friend {{{{hugs}}}} I owe you an email. I have been so lapse lately. Barnabee chart is on it's way to you.

All your WIPs are so pretty and I love the gifts you received.

Anonymous said...

Lots of beauties here.

Nicole said...

Hi Deb! I'm so sorry about your friend. You are such a good friend to stay with her. You are so sweet. Lots of hugs to Jess. I know how stressful it can be to move - especially with kids!

All of your wips are beautiful. I love the silks you picked out for Mary. They are gorgeous! Take care!

Brigitte said...

All these pictures are perfect to just drool over them. So many pretty gifties and WIPs - wonderful.

Andrea said...

I'm so sorry about your friend. I will be praying for her and for you...

I love your Plantation Sampler...what are you stitching it on? What you've stitched so far is just gorgeous!

The colors you've chosen for Mary are wonderful!

xoxo

Kajsa said...

Everything looks beautiful Deb! I haven't even started Mary Wigham so you are way ahead of me.

Sorry to hear about Jessica's move and your friend being sick.