Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Stitching Updates

I had lunch with Nicole (Carolina Dreams) last Thursday in Port Charlotte. We had such a great visit, and I left crying because I miss her so much. Nicole is a sweet and gentle person who always has a smile. With three active little boys, that alone is hard to imagine! Her needlework is just impeccable, too. I think she's the best! I really cherish our friendship...and miss her at our stitching times and the lunch visits we used to carve out for ourselves. The quote on the above Workbasket chart is "A stitch in time saves my mind." :] Love the little rabbits on the bowl... This is one of the new charts I got at Golden Needle when I went up to meet Nicole. Also was able to stock up on some Crescent Colors and a couple of Homespun Elegance charts..."Stitching Necessaire" and "Joyful Autumn."


I've been making more necklaces in preparation for Fall arts weekends in Naples. I've sold several this Summer, and I'm hoping to get some in local high-end shops for our "season," and to get a booth at the arts festivals. Once I get some more made...I'll post some pics.


That's my life, other than reading and grandbaby visiting! Kellan is now 10 lbs. and growing fast! Marie P. has been so dear to send darling knit caps and some bibs for Kellan. Thanks so much, Marie! And, thank you, too, for all of your emails and comments with congratulations and well wishes!


I'd like to give a wave to my son, Jon, who often reads my blog but doesn't always comment. We were delighted to have a brief visit with him when he was in Naples last week on a business trip. I'm so proud of him. He works for Scholastics, and lives in NYC near my other son, Frank, and granddaughters Amelia and Ella. I love you, Jon!!


Hugs,
Deb

7 comments:

Stitching Cat said...

Deb -- so glad to *see* you here again! I've been worried about you. Miss our stitching times. Gladd to hear all is well with Kellan -- give him a big hug and kiss from me! Love, Deb

Nicole said...

Oh Deb, you are too kind! Thank you for all the nice things you said. It was so good to see you too!

Wendy said...

That's great that you managed to get in a visit with a dear stitching friend. And Kellan is doing wonderfully...any new pics to post of this sweetie, please?

Sally said...

Sounds like you had a wonderful visit with Nicole:) Love your new chart!

Crazee4books said...

Hi Deb,

Nice to hear from you again. It's
so cool that you got to meet up
with Nicole again. I didn't know
that you knew her. I read her blog
all the time, and her stitching
always amazes me. Such perfect
stitches, and she's so fast!!

That's a really lovely chart you've
featured here. Love the different
styles of flowers, and all the
little birds, and the bunnies.
Oh, and squirrels too!

I look forward to seeing some of
the necklaces you're making.
You are quite the talented lady!

So what have you been reading
this summer?? There's some
great stuff out there, isn't
there? I'm eagerly awaiting
the release of Stephenie Meyer's
fourth book on Friday.

Cheers!

mainely stitching said...

It is wonderful to hear from you Deb! BIG hugs!!!!

Georgie said...

That is a beautiful chart you bought. I'm glad you had a great time with Nicole....You are lucky to have such a great friendship