Friday, October 21, 2011

The Beautiful Iron Fey Series by Julie Kagawa~"The Iron King, Daughter, Queen & Knight"

"The Iron Fey Series" ~by Julie Kagawa ~ If You Aren't A Fan, You Should Be!



Published by:  Harlequin
Genre:  YA fiction, fantasy
1st in the "Iron Fey" series

I met Julie Kagawa early in her career looking for reviewers for what's become her wildly successful and awesome Iron Fey Series. She has a wonderful group of books and a good, on-going story to tell. I'm a huge fan of Julie and these books. The book covers are to die for, and the characters are "swweeet"...can't help loving them! I'm just going to spend time showing you the books and running some trailers for fun. Hope you enjoy the visuals!


Everyone's said this second book was even better than the first...or just as good! In this book, Megan has made a love relationship, and a true friendship. Moreover, could the covers get more stunning!? You and I need to get these for our book shelves asap!


Megan's picture on the cover is beautiful...but some Asians are having trouble with the fact that Caucasions are being used instead of Asians for the character models. Julie Kagawa originally said she chose to write the books after manga characters. Oops! I wonder if this really matters in the development of her series as it's progressed. Personally, I don't think an author should be confined by an original inspiration. Our appreciation of fine art can't be "canned" in this way. I say you've done a wonderful job, Julie, so don't fret!

Watch this trailer, please, you won't believe how amazing this series is :



I really liked that trailer, but then I found this one below which gives 
more insight into the look of the characters in addition to Megan.

OMGosh, could they be more intriguing! What do you think about Ash and Puck? What about the others? I can't believe how amazing the fey all look...wonderful casting of these characters for us.

By now, you've got to be dying to read this Iron Fey series. You are, aren't you? Go quickly and get all the books. Here's the newest one:



"My name—my True Name—is Ashallayn'darkmyr Tallyn.

I am the last remaining son of Mab, Queen of the Unseelie Court.

And I am dead to her. My fall began, as many stories do, with a girl…"



The books in Julie Kagawa's "Iron Fey Series" are published by Harlequin.  They are in large paperback format with beautifully designed covers and edges for those who like to collect like I do.  The genre, of course, is YA fiction~but we know that crosses over into adult fiction.  I fear you will be left behind if you don't get started on your first book...or second book at the very least.  These books are very special.  You can pretend they're for your daughter or son! :]

5 x 4 = 20 starry night stars for this magnificent series


Get your fey on!!    Deborah/LavenderRoseRambler



**PS:  HELP, HELP!!  Please help me drive interest to my newest blog:  http://bookishdameyafancifulfiction.blogspot.com/  where I will be posting comments and reviewing YA fiction exclusively from now on.
Thanks for friending me!!
Hugs,  Deb

No comments: