Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Lots of Sampler Pictures & Nicole!!

My darling friend, Nicole (Nicole's Needlework) and I met at our favorite shop last week~~The Golden Needle in Port Charlotte, FL. I'm so delighted when Nicole drives down from Charleston to see her family because she always makes a point of getting together so we can talk needlework shop and have lunch.

We mostly bought fabrics this time. We bought 40, 38, & 32 cts. I bought the 32 ct. for my Mirabilia RR coming up in defference to dear friend Kathy A. who is now having trouble seeing 40 cts. I understand the feeling sometimes!!! Will talk about my Mira ideas in a later blog.... :)

A new update on my Beatrix. The bottom medallion and the bird medallion are newest additions. I just love the bird. Hoping to get more done on this for April.
Nicole and I had fun looking at my color palette for this piece. I finished my little house over the weekend, and can't wait to stitch more. Choosing my own threads makes this like painting a picture. Doubles the fun.
Speaking of which, I've been working out my thread colors for The Plantation Sampler, as well, hoping to update it a bit. Well, perhaps because of that or some reason or another....I've had a swarm of frogs on my stitching!!! I've been absolutely plagued all weekend. I've frogged and frogged this small section out until I nearly gave up on the whole thing altogether!! I was beginning to worry that I was going to wear out the linen! Truth be told I'm still not sure if they've left me. I'm nearing trepidation to pick The Plantation...up! Has anyone else found this border difficult???
An and Harmien, do you think it may not be a frog plague but a nest of goonies and mcgoblins that are playing havoc with my stitching??? Argh!!

That's all for my long weekend, except that we had a wonderful Easter with sweet Kellan, Jessica and her DH, Kevin. Kevin made brunch, I fed Kellan, and Jessica laughed and talked with us. Then, Kellan had a nice swim with his bath toys outside in his little pool. Jessica tells me today that Kevin said they really have to bring it in because the birds have been delighted to find a big birdbath today!! Oops!

He loves his red car. Got his first little boy (10 mos. old) haircut this week.

Bye for now! BTW, thanks everyone for leaving such awesome comments last time. I felt like we really had a stitching visit. Thank you. It's a big part of my life to have stitching friends like each of you. You mean so much to me. Hope your Easter was a good time with good friends and family.

Love and hugs, Deb

18 comments:

Georgie said...

I hope you had a lovely easter, too Deb! I just love what you have been stitching lately. Beatrix Potter is coming along beautifully

Siobhán said...

Your WIPs look wonderful! Your BPQ is just gorgeous, I love the colors you chose for it. Thanks for sharing the pic of you & Nicole--it sounds like you had a fabulous time together! Your Kellan is adorable, too. :)

Margaret said...

Wow, your WIPs are all wonderful!!!! And thanks for the picture of Nicole with you too -- I love connecting faces to names! Your grandson is adorable! (Would you be willing to share your conversion for Beatrix with me? I just love it!!!)

Dani said...

Looks like you had a great visit and a great Easter. Nice job on the WIP as well ... can't wait to see them as they progress further.

mainely stitching said...

What gorgeous stitching, Deb! You must absolutely be LOVING these projects!

I can't believe how different Kellan looks with his haircut! We must cut Arden's, but I always put off that first haircut as long as I can!!!

doris said...

Oh, that Kellan looks like such a big boy! I really wanna give him a big fat smooch.

I love Nicole's blog, so it's great to see the two of you together. Her projects are inspiring.

I have the Plantation Sampler in my stash from a million years ago, but haven't stitched it yet. Maybe within the next couple of decades.

Deb said...

I love your WIPs! This is the Day is up there on my short list (my fabric just came yesterday) and I'm anxious to see what type of conversion you do for The Plantation Sampler (will you share?). Our Sampler Guild did this one as a year-long stitch project. I didn't participate because the sampler seemed a little drag and I'm hopeless at converting colors, so I'm anxious to see yours!

Jan said...

OH such a lovely visit to your blog this morning, Deb! Love how your wips are coming along, oh so pretty, all of them. I do hope that dratted frog leaves you alone, that border does look a bit daunting!

Great picture of you and Nicole, sounds like you had a fabulous time together. And your grandson is precious beyond words!!

Wendy said...

What a little boy Kellan is becoming - no more wee baby! Love the picture of you and Nicole - you are both gorgeous!

Patricia Lessell said...

Your stitching is awesome and I LOVE it all! Kellan is just so cute in his car and I love his little haircut. He really looks like a boy now. Nicole showed us all her new stash and I bet you got way more than you are saying but I"m not asking because I love you. Lots of Love Patti xxx

Brigitte said...

Isn't it nice to meet up with some fellow stitcher? And meet at an LNS just adds to the fun. You seem to have spend some wonderful hours with Nicole.
Beatrix is growing so nicely, I love the colours you use. And oh, two wonderful new starts thta make me want to start soemting new as well. Maybe I will, lol.

tintocktap said...

Love the WIP pics! And I'm sure the frogs will leave soon if they haven't already. Sounds like you had a great time with Nicole and with Jessica and Kevin and Kellan over Easter - Kellan looks so cute in your photo!

Marie said...

Kellan is adorable in his little car! Sounds like you had a very nice Easter with your family.

You certainly have been a busy stitcher, I do love your projects.

Wishing you better luck with the Plantation border!

lena-lou said...

What nice pictures on this posting, the one of you and Nicole is lovely you both look such nice people :-))

I love all the progress piccies you colour choices are very pretty for them.

Kellan is such a cutie in his car !
Take care x

Meari said...

Kellan is adorable in his little "ride". Your WIPs are really nice!

Carol R said...

Great WIPs. Lovely picture of you and Nicole - I recognise the location!

What a lovely picture of Kellan and his little red car - such a delightful little face!

Von said...

So glad you had a wonderful visit with your family over Easter! Kellan's car will see many happy miles, I'm sure. :D

Solstitches said...

Wow Deb! You've been working on the Plantation Sampler for 16 years LOL.
I hope it doesn't take me that long as I'm not sure I have 16 stitching years left.
Hugs,
Margaret