Sunday, September 6, 2009

New Pictures and Updates

Oh, look!! Here's my finished little "Iris" on Sophia's darling piece for our Mirabilia 2009 RR. She still needs her abundance of beads, which Sophia will add when the piece returns to her. "Iris" has very light lavender blue wings. I used a hand-dyed lavender on them. This was such fun to stitch. Mailing out to Kathy tomorrow.


Below is my start on our Emblem of Love Quaker Sampler RR group which is starting right away. I'm so excited for this group to be up and running! Several good friends in this one, including Edgar and Carol R., and Wendy B. There will be lots of different color/thread interpretations, I'm sure. I decided on this multicolored type for mine. I've used DMCs, Gloriana, Belle Soie, and GAST.

I had a wonderful visit with Jessica and Kellan and daddy, Kevin, in Louisana last week. They have a beautiful, first home with lots of space inside and out for a little boy to run around, and to help daddy plant lots of fun things.

This weekend Kellan went to his first live play...the Sesame Street Players on stage!!! He loved Elmo, Cookie Monster and Oscar the Grouch best. He also sat on Chief Deputy Bose's all terrain vehicle and loved it's great "varoom" sound! Mr. Bose lives next door and Kellan thinks he's Grampy Previte! LOL Kellan and Mommy saw a big fire truck and Kellan saw himself in the shiny bumper...and they made their first wish in a fountain at the Park today. A very big weekend for a little boy.


Grammie Debi sends love and thanks to all who commented last time on my entry and Elaine's Quilt. It has been a pleasure to make, and a joy to see Elaine's reactions each time your notes, cards, squares, and little gifts have come along to her. I should have it all quilted by this week. She continues in her chemo and has her good and bad days.... You are all so kind to keep her in your prayers, it really makes a difference.


Thank you to dear friends like Nicole, Von, Jinger, Katrina, Sandra, Kathy, Siobohan, Marie P., Wendy B., Barbara, Carol R., Margaret, Queenie, Lynn, Lesley, Harmiein, An, Deb, Juls, Jen and so many more I can't list who keep my feet grounded and keep me encouraged every day. I love you all. Today, I discovered I started my blog on February 10th, 2007, and I attribute all these friendships to the start of the blog. I'm so grateful!


Hugs and love to you all, please keep on commenting everyone...it's how we get to know and love eachother as stitching friends!!

Deb/LavenderRose

21 comments:

mainely stitching said...

Oh how wonderful that you enjoyed a visit with Jessica and Kellan and Kevin. :D I bet it was magical.

Your Mirabilia looks FABULOUS!!!!

Anonymous said...

Both pieces are sooooo pretty!

Margaret said...

Wow!!! I love the colors and fabric you chose for your Quaker RR! I love Edgar's too, so watching both of yours will be so much fun. I also love what you did with that Mirabilia RR. Wonderful! I'll keep Elaine in my thoughts and prayers. You are such a wonderful friend to her. Glad you got to enjoy time with your grandson!

Tammy said...

Your Mira stitch is gorgeous. I love the idea of doing a small portion like that. And your Quaker piece is exquisite! Oh those colors--just beautiful!

Carol said...

Oooh, I love the colors in both! Just lovely... And I agree, the best thing about me starting my blog this year has been "meeting" so many friendly stitchers from around the world...really a treat!

Have a good Labor Day... (it's raining up here in PA)!

Siobhán said...

Oh wow, Deb!! What gorgeous stitching. Your RR is going to be fabulous when it's finished. I love the colors you're using. The Mirabilia is lovely, too!

I agree, blogging has blessed me in so many ways... making new friends, deepening friendships I'd already had. I am very lucky! :)

Enjoy your Labor Day.

Chocolates4Breakfast (Terri ~ Boog) said...

Thanks Deb for the wonderful email. I didn't realize I wasn't a "follower" on your blog but that has now been remedied. I love your Mirabilia stitch - it's beautiful, as is the Quaker RR. I love the colors in it. Continued good wishes for Elaine.

Stitching Cat said...

Hi Deb, so happy to hear of your wonderful visit with Kellan, Jessica and Kevin. Your stitching is wonderful as always! Miss you. Deb

tintocktap said...

Love the colours you're using for Emblem of Love - gorgeous! And I love what you've done for the Mira RR - those Mira RRs always look gorgeous!

And glad you had a lovely time with Kellan, Jessica and Kevin too!

{Hugs}

Lynn said...

What fun, a visit with Kellan! I'm off to see my granddaughters this Friday and can't wait.
Iris is lovely,you've done a great job. I think the colour scheme you've chosen for the Quaker RR is so pretty. I'm going to enjoy watching the progess on this one.

Carol R said...

A fun visit with your family!

Both of your RRs look beautiful especially the EofL RR and, of course, I get to stitch on this one. You have chosen such pretty fabric and threads Deb and I can't wait to get my needle into it!

[[[Hugs]]]

samplerlover said...

Hi Deb,
It sounds as if you really had a lovely time with Jessica and her lovely family. Kellen is lucky to have such a special Grammie.
Wow, what wonderful work. I love these Mirabilia samplers. They are quite amazing. Your Emblem of Love is also looking lovely. I love the colours that you have chosen.
How have you been. I have been so busy lately, but I am now getting back to my old self. - Sandra.

CJ STITCHING AND BLOOMS said...

Hello from Michigan. Your trip to see your family sounded wonderful. I am sure you all had a great time. Nothing better than spending time with family. Your RR looks great and I also love the colors. Hugs Judy

Michelle said...

Love the colors you're using on that Quaker RR - gorgeous! Your Mira is so pretty as well, they are such delicate little ladies! And your quilt top is just amazing - congrats on it, it will be so loved!

Kathy A. said...

You did a lovely job on Sophia's RR. Will look for it in the mail.
I am glad to hear you are making great progress on Elaine's quilt. I hope her good days are more frequent than bad. Know that she is in my prayers as is her dear friend who is going through this with her.
I like your Quaker RR. I wish I had known about this one. Would have loved to taken part.

Kajsa said...

Gorgeous Mirabilia and I really like your new start.

Sounds like a nice visit with Kellan and Jessica too!

Brigitte said...

The Mirabilia you stitched for this RR looks so beautiful. What a great RR this is.

Meari said...

Your WIP looks really pretty. The RR is beautiful as well. :)

yorkies with needles said...

I have just seen your post for Mirabilia 2009 RR. Where can I get the chart? Can you give me more information?

Vinniey said...

Your Emblem of Love Quaker Sampler is so pink and so lovely. Love it!

Patricia Lessell said...

And I thank you a LOT for your friendship too. Lots of Love Queenie Cow xxx